Ministering: Apostle Adekayode Salako
Topic: Finishing Strong With The Kingdom Assignment
Text: John 6:60-68, 1 Samuel 13:11-14
Who You see can affect the way you live and the way you walk. As a leader God has called you into responsibility. It is a serious responsibility that God is committing into your hands.
The way you see yourself matters and it will help your comportment, and you can’t afford to live anyhow. As a leader you are called to be a disciple and you have a responsibility for yourself. God is a purposeful God, and if we are not fully prepared, we can hinder the move of God in our lives. We must wake up to responsibility.
Any habit of sin can hinder our work with God. Any habit of sin that is not confronted and killed can cripple our christian race. Moses had anger and he did not make it to the promise land, but he made it to heaven. There was an event in the Bible headed by Levi (the forefathers of Moses) to destroy a particular place Genesis 49:5-7.
We are faced with two things, the journey of life and the race to heaven. Here on earth Moses’ mandate was to take Isreal to the promise land. So if we fail to deliver the kingdom race in our journey of life, we have failed heaven. The investment of God upon us at Calvary cannot be ignored.
One of the things that hinders believers, leaders, ministers and even pastors in this christian journey is offense. Some people are dead spiritually because God killed them. We must understand that God has an assignment for us to accomplish but we must avoid offenses to accomplish the assignment. You must have the mentality of where can I go to serve and stay with God faithfully till the end John 6:60-68.
You must be ready to be sent and to be spent. If God opens a door for you, carry the kingdom along, do not abandon the kingdom.
If we fail in God’s spiritual assignment, He can abandon us and raise other people.
Understand the urgency of the assignment and do it with joy. If you can’t serve God here, you can’t do it abroad. Any opportunity God gives to you do it well. Whatever you are confronting every time with your word in evangelism, it will help you to overcome it.
Any opportunity you have is to expand the kingdom. You cannot run in isolation in whatever you are doing on earth, you must carry the kingdom assignment. When you lose the place of the purpose of your assignment, misbehavior will set in. The reason why God is blessing us is to expand the kingdom assignment.
God cannot hire the people He cannot fire. No matter how He uses you mightily, He can sack you. Whatever you do for the kingdom of God that you feel self accomplished, God can sack you. God sacked Prophet Eli and instituted Samuel. God sacked Saul and replaced him with David 1 Samuel 13:11-14
Fame can be deceptive at times and breakthrough can also be a blockage at times, that is why we need to constantly align with the will of God.
Where we will get rewarded is by accomplishing the kingdom assignment that God has placed in our lives. Any man that God has brought to us is for us to tell them about Jesus and bring them to repentance. You must understand the place and urgency of your assignment.
To obey is better than sacrifice, Saul gave excuses for his offense 1 Samuel 13:6-10
Quotes and Points to Note
• Moses saw the back of God and he saw what happened in the past.
• The joy you feel in your heart when you fulfill God’s assignment is given by angels.
• Jesus defeated satan after his fasting because the angel of God strengthened Him.
• Anytime we fulfill kingdom assignment, the angels of God comes to strengthen us.
• To enjoy the joy of the Holy Ghost, we must avoid offenses.
• If you are a leader and you are waiting for someone to follow up on you, you are not ready for the kingdom assignment.
• Whatever you are asking God for and you are yet to receive, do not let it hinder your kingdom assignment, serve with joy.
• When men lose their focus, they will end up becoming a locust.
• A man who is sacked by God will lose his voice and lose his relevance.
• Let’s seek for more relevant knowledge that will keep us safe and strong.
• The call of God is a higher calling, there’s no small calling in this kingdom, whether you are called to serve as an usher, children church teacher or the prayer team member
• Every open door is an opportunity for the expansion of the kingdom of God.
• Anything that is happening around a disciple is for the advancement of the kingdom of God.
• We must maintain our encounter. People who forget their source is usually easily forgotten in the space of time.
• God hates those that are arrogant. God rejects the proud from afar.
1) Your walk and your assignment with God will be strengthened today.
2) I pray for you, God will strengthen your inner man
3) I pray for you, fresh revelation receive in the name of Jesus.
4) We will not lose our place
5) The glory of God will not depart from our lives
1) Father in the Name of Jesus, I pray for strength to finish well
2) Father, let me not miss my place, please Lord do not replace me, it is not about me, it is about you.
3) Father, I will not stop my journey half way, please help me Lord.
4) Father offenses will not take me away from your presence
5) Father all that I have, all that I am, I am willing to use it to honour You.
6) Father anything that is in me in form of a habit that wants to stop me not to arrive at my destiny destination, Lord please remove it out of my destiny.
7) Father any work of the flesh that wants to hinder me, Lord please remove it from my life.
8) Father please do not sack me, help me to be relevant, Father please do not replace me in the scheme of Your assignment.
9) Lord I will not be an ex champion in the Mighty Name of Jesus, Lord please help me.
10) Lord please grant me grace to obey you always.